|At Lowe's, our commitment to recognize, honor and respect those who serve in our country's military is well known. But, did you know:
Today, more than 14,000 military veterans call Lowe's their career home
- Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II, by veteran Carl
Buchan, whose leadership and vision helped us grow from a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, NC, into the Fortune 50 company we are today.
- Lowe's is ranked #38 among GI Job's "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers®".
- Lowe's is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), working with military installation contacts to promote job opportunities to military spouses
- Lowe's is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Partner
- Lowe's offers extended benefits for employees serving in the military
− working in roles across our organization, from management to retail and customer support.
And we never stop working to show our commitment to and appreciation for them, including:
We also regularly participate in a variety of military-sponsored events and job fairs across the country.
- A 10% discount to all veterans during Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends; and a 10% discount every day to all active, reserve, retired and disabled veterans who carry a valid, military-issued photo ID card.
- Regular support for the military and the USO, including recent refurbishments to 16 USO centers across the U.S., to help welcome home our returning troops.
- The Lowe's Employee Giving Campaign, which allows employees to set aside a portion of their paycheck, to benefit the USO and other organizations, which Lowe's will match 50 cents to the dollar.
As you focus on your post-military career, there is no better place to apply your skills and expand your opportunities than with Lowe's. The military instills leadership, a strong work ethic, and a passion for a job well done, which is exactly what Lowe's looks for in our employees.
We salute you and stand ready to work with you to keep making America great. Join us at Lowe's and Never Stop Improving.