Lowe's Supplier Diversity Program
Lowe’s has a mission: to be the best home improvement retailer for our customers and our communities. We’re reaching out, extending the boundaries of our company beyond the traditional retail environment, and setting higher standards for the way American businesses work within our communities. We know that minority- and women-owned enterprises play an important role in the economic development of this nation. We also know how significant these enterprises are in providing job opportunities.
We believe our supplier diversity program helps create better value for our customers through our product and service suppliers. We also believe:
- Our commitment to diversity is more than just a human issue, it also makes good business sense
- Our Supplier Diversity Program plays an important role in our overall commitment to enhance the economic growth and development of the diverse communities we serve
- As a corporation that understands and embraces an increasingly multi-cultural market place, we stand to benefit by:
- Attracting/retaining customers and employees
- Supporting the growth of minority- and woman-owned firms
- Being recognized as a good corporate citizen
Strategic Integration Opportunities
Lowe’s recognizes and seizes the opportunity to make a difference through diversity practices in a variety of operational areas, including:
- Finance – making deposits in minority banks and savings and loans
- Insurance – offering riders and secondary/supplemental type policies
- Advertising – leveraging minority- and female-targeted publications and media sources
- Construction – Using diverse primary contractors and sub-contractors
- Logistics – partnering with LTL/transportation companies
- Merchandising - Using regional suppliers, ethnic fashion and décor products, nursery/growers, floor care products, etc.
- Store Operations – Offering products, services, installed sales contractors and other services: pallets, recycling, facilities, maintenance and housekeeping
- Procurement – securing office supplies, printing services, material handling equipment, janitorial products and services, wood and metal fabrication, store fixtures and vehicles
- Loss Prevention – Providing security and consultative services
- Professional Services – Retaining outside counsel, medical/worker’s compensation caregivers, accountants, etc.
Learn More about Lowe's Supplier Diversity